Inspiration is the greatest gift we have within ourselves as human beings. We all carry around a certain amount of profound creativity. The kind of creativity that moves us when we are least expecting it and pushes us to a higher magnitude of existence.
When I think of inspiration I think of life itself. Most people define inspiration by something that intrigues them such as a painting, a smell, even a color. I am simply inspired by life. I believe that in every stage of life there is something profound to be noticed. It may be as small as the blooming trees or the long-awaited rain. As a writer, it is easy to struggle with what to write. Sometimes all it takes is asking yourself certain questions to spark inspiration into your thoughts and actions.
I have compiled a list of questions to ask yourself. My hope is to motivate you to be inspired, be creative, and be amazing!
If you could imagine yourself in the perfect job what would that look like?
What type of environment do you imagine being in to feel comfortable and homey?
If you could imagine yourself anywhere in the world right now where would you be, what would you hear, feel, etc.
What were you thankful for today? Think small!
What are you trying to accomplish by writing?
These are great questions to ask yourself. Reflection is a good practice and a great way to inspire new creative adventures. If you can imagine the perfect career than start making small changes to move in that direction. Change your environment and change your mind. The truth is that we’re all going to die someday. You only have this moment to show people who you really are.
Please follow along as I embark on 365 days of being AMAZING!
This year’s goal? It’s going to be an amazing year! We have an upcoming vacation to Europe that we are very excited to share. We will also be covering topics on daily habits, lifestyle tips & tricks, growing your blog and much much more.
Please comment below and share: What Is It That Inspires You?
How authentic is your writing? Are you trying to fulfill a deadline or keep up with other bloggers when you write? Often I come up with ideas for blog post in advance. I like to think on it for a few days before hand but usually it is something out of the blue that will inspire me to write. Writers block can be the most daunting thing anyone can experience, believe me I know! I ran another blog that miserably failed because I sat for way too long trying to come up with something to say. Successful blogs take work but writing should be done out of inspiration. If your passionate about it, it is likely your readers will feel your excitement when they read your content.
Five Tips To Help Your Writing Feel More Authentic
- Look or listen for things throughout your day that inspire you. I need to be inspired to write good content. One moment I will get inspired by a quote and start writing a post that closely relates to that quote and then I notice I’m taking my writing in a whole new direction. Inspiration can fill your canvas with a world of colors.
- Look for pictures online to help motivate you. Pictures are a creative window into the world of writing. Often people will remember what they read if they have a visual image to go with it.
- The best content is authentic content. Remember to always be yourself and only touch basis on the things that interest you. If your not interested, others are likely to not be either.
- Don’t force content. Often writers will try to post every day to up their ratings. Sometimes I post every day and sometimes I post once a week. It is good to be consistent but it is not good to create content that you wrote just to put something out there. Care about what your trying to accomplish.
- Love what your talking about. I am my best self when I can help others be their better who they are. I have always loved to hear people out and give advice. I wanted this to be a travel blog and it might be someday but at this time motivational advice is where my passion resides.
I hope I have inspired you to get out there and find what motivates your to be a better writer. Please follow along as I embark on 365 days of being AMAZING!
What inspires you to write? Please share and comment below!
I’m sure you have found yourself asking “How do they do it?” How is it that one writer or blogger gets so many followers. And I am sure you have all seen those Pinterest boards head lining “How I got 40,000 followers in the first year.” It’s catchy and maybe it has worked well for some but I don’t think they got there from posting alone. Were all striving for something greater than ourselves. We work better as a community of people who aspire to live the best life possible. You can’t do it on your own. Your audience is what makes the difference between a successful person and a not so successful person.
So how do I build my following in business? I have been a business women for some years now and it has taught me a lot. Literally anyone can go out and start a business. It really is a simple task. When I began my adventure into the world of entrepreneurship I became free. I’m still learning and growing everyday. I don’t think we should ever stop learning or searching for what it is that we aspire to do. I build my following in business by connecting with community. This doesn’t happen over night! You have to take care of this adventure and water it daily like a baby plant that your waiting so eagerly for it to grow into something bigger and more beautiful.
Five Ways To Connect With Your Community:
- WordPress. Unbelievably you are connecting with your community right now as you sit here and read my post! Blogging is a great way to not only market yourself but also to put yourself aside and take time to get to know other readers in the blogging world. I like to go to the search area under the Discover Tab and search for keywords that align with what interest me such as Travel, Inspiration, Motivation, Faith, and Family. I’m always searching for new friends and appreciate the stories that they take time to share with their community.
- Instagram is a wonderful way to not only share your beautiful photographs but also to connect with like minded people and it only takes a hot second to snap a phone photo and post to your followers. The cool thing about this is that it is a quick set up and a great way to see how others are doing without taking too much time out of your day. TIME IS PRECIOUS!
- Facebook groups are great because you are signing up to be in a social community with people of same interest and most of your friends are already on there. It is also pretty easy to set up a Facebook business profile. Remember when I said starting a business was easy? Sure you will have to put countless hours into it and investment. Everything takes time and hard work. I’m not a believer in overnight success happening to the most of us. Some of the most successful individuals had to work very hard before they got to where they are now. The just never gave up. ASPIRE to be great!
- Community College. Say what? Community College believe it or not is a great place to meet people like yourself. The greatest part about this is that older individuals can participate too! If you work in an office all day as I do you can take advantage of online classes. Most online classes are all about connecting with your classmates and sharing your views on various subjects. It really is a great way to learn and grow with community.
- Local. Last but not least, you can connect with your community by actually getting out there and connecting with the community! I love to meet new people. We can learn so much from others and their experiences. This may be why I have moved so many times in my life. Every new place is a new experience with fresh faces and beautiful memories!
So there you go! Get out there and connect with your community. Like, share and be a part of who they are. Take time to follow those who aspire you to be a better person!
Please follow along as I embark on 365 days of being AMAZING! Share, Follow, and Connect if you liked my post!
How do you connect with your community? Have you connected on a greater level with your readers? How? Please comment and share I would love to hear your stories!
I have a little beauty secret that I must share. I guess you could call it a health secret too as it’s uses cover a variety of things. For about ten years now I have been buying coconut oil for my skin care. I buy 100% organic unrefined coconut oil usually cold pressed. I began this road of health when I was pregnant with my first daughter. Unfortunately I had gestational diabetes and sugar was a big no no for me. I started researching things that had sugar and I found that almost EVERYTHING has sugar. This was bad news to me but it is what lead me on a long path of health and wellness. Those health tips will be for another post but I do want to go into more detail on skin care.
So around this time that I was heavily researching health benefits of EVERYTHING. I was working front desk for a plastic surgeon. One of our patients who was a much older women had come into the office for something not related to her face. We all couldn’t help but notice how youthful she looked. She literally had no wrinkles or age spots. Her secret….olive oil. So of course I had to try it and I wasn’t too pleased. I don’t doubt it is great for your skin but I couldn’t get passed the strong smell and oily feel on my skin. I switched to coconut oil around the time it started getting really popular among the naturalist. Fast forward 10 years and here I am in my mid thirties (that’s as much detail as you get) and every time I encounter someone new I am told that I look 19. I have even been mistaken as my teenager sons girlfriend more than a few times. So my best guess is some good genes and some really good coconut oil!
Here are some of the amazing things I use coconut for:
- Make Up Remover – This is probably the number 1 thing I use it for. It gets mascara off so easily and it doesn’t burn my eyes. Also I have had zero acne issues when using coconut oil.
- Sun Block – If I’m in the sun for hours I will try something stronger however if I’m only going out for a bit coconut oil works perfect. Plus, it keeps you from using all of those nasty chemicals on your skin.
- Dry Skin – I like to rub oil all over right before a shower. The hot water from the shower opens your pores and traps the moisture from the oil into your skin. Last all day!
- Eat A Teaspoon A Day – Yes, I did say a teaspoon. You probably won’t like it but coconut oil is known for it’s weight loss powers.
- Hair Moisturizer – I like to cover my hair with it and leave it in for a few hours and then wash and rinse. I feel like it restores my hair!
So, there it is! My most favorite health secret! Please follow along as I embark on 365 days of being amazing!
Harvesting Oddity does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on this website. Reliance on any information appearing on this website is solely at your own risk.
Disclaimer: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
A cozy corner and a warm cup of coffee comes to mind when I hear the word hygge. I sit at a desk from 9-5 every week day dreaming about these sorts of things. “What could I be doing better with my time?” “Oh, to have a cup of coffee right now” “What the hell am I doing here” “Silence!” Okay, okay, I’m kind of an introvert or better put “a deep thinker.” I love people, I find them fascinating however, there is nothing as great as a quiet place where I can bundle up and sip on a cup of coffee or even tea. I believe we find our best self when we are alone. I get my greatest ideas when no one is around. We live in a world of information overload. Don’t get me wrong I like that we have answers at our fingertips but sometimes I think silence wins. How else have we created so many great things? We need to enjoy life’s pleasures and that is why I love this word so much not to mention it sounds cool and kick back.
As I like to say “The only way to form a habit is by coming up with a brilliant idea and doing it over and over and over again.”
Here’s some tips for adding some hygge in your life:
• Find blankets with warm or soft color palettes.
Here are some of my favorites! Fall colors like burnt orange, brown, and red or soft fresh feeling colors like white, aqua, and coral.
• Be selective when picking a coffee cup. I like big clay cups with a round shape and a soft color.
• Have a small selection of magazines or books handy. Read one book a month! I like books that teach you something you didn’t know. Never stop learning!
• Add plants around your bedroom. Plants make your home feel fresh and lively. I love succulents!
• String lights around the house or outdoors for open fires. Natural light is the best during the day. Stringed lights in the evening feel like Christmas and who doesn’t love Christmas?
What are some things you have tried to hygge out? Please comment and share your ideas below.
Please follow along as I embark on 365 days of AMAZING!
“Were all writers, teachers, and creators of something.”
Today is January 1st. I cannot believe how fast time goes. It couldn’t be a better year to make change. I’m talking about the amazing kind of change that we all aspire to make but never get around to. I have some great ideas in store to make this happen.
Change is only POSSIBLE if you learn to form a habit. The only way to form a HABIT is by making the conscious choice to get up every day and create ACTION. Sounds easy I know. I have made those New Year’s Eve resolutions to eat healthier, exercise, clean more, ect. It never happens. We have 365 days to wake up and make the conscious choice to create change, a new kind of action. So, here we go. I’m going to document my journey of 365 days to a new kind of me. Somedays it will be small changes and others it will be HUGE. I encourage you to join in on the adventure and make this the best year you have ever had.
We spent most of our day on the road today. Every year we load up and drive to Yreka, California to meet up with my in-laws. I took advantage of our long drive and snapped as many photos as I could. One of my goals this year is to take as many photos as I can. I encourage you all to grab that camera or your phone and document your life. It’s a reminder of what you have lived and a symbol of what inspires you to do more. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Take pictures of all of your excursions
(Make time for more excursions!)
Take pictures of your fantastic meals
(Make more fantastic meals!)
Take pictures of things you want to improve
(Make more improvements!)
Catch my drift? Find what it is that you want to change and photograph it. Take the steps and follow through. I’m so excited to share this year with you!
Please follow along as I embark on an adventure of 365 days of being amazing!