I have a little beauty secret that I must share. I guess you could call it a health secret too as it’s uses cover a variety of things. For about ten years now I have been buying coconut oil for my skin care. I buy 100% organic unrefined coconut oil usually cold pressed. I began this road of health when I was pregnant with my first daughter. Unfortunately I had gestational diabetes and sugar was a big no no for me. I started researching things that had sugar and I found that almost EVERYTHING has sugar. This was bad news to me but it is what lead me on a long path of health and wellness. Those health tips will be for another post but I do want to go into more detail on skin care.
So around this time that I was heavily researching health benefits of EVERYTHING. I was working front desk for a plastic surgeon. One of our patients who was a much older women had come into the office for something not related to her face. We all couldn’t help but notice how youthful she looked. She literally had no wrinkles or age spots. Her secret….olive oil. So of course I had to try it and I wasn’t too pleased. I don’t doubt it is great for your skin but I couldn’t get passed the strong smell and oily feel on my skin. I switched to coconut oil around the time it started getting really popular among the naturalist. Fast forward 10 years and here I am in my mid thirties (that’s as much detail as you get) and every time I encounter someone new I am told that I look 19. I have even been mistaken as my teenager sons girlfriend more than a few times. So my best guess is some good genes and some really good coconut oil!
Here are some of the amazing things I use coconut for:
- Make Up Remover – This is probably the number 1 thing I use it for. It gets mascara off so easily and it doesn’t burn my eyes. Also I have had zero acne issues when using coconut oil.
- Sun Block – If I’m in the sun for hours I will try something stronger however if I’m only going out for a bit coconut oil works perfect. Plus, it keeps you from using all of those nasty chemicals on your skin.
- Dry Skin – I like to rub oil all over right before a shower. The hot water from the shower opens your pores and traps the moisture from the oil into your skin. Last all day!
- Eat A Teaspoon A Day – Yes, I did say a teaspoon. You probably won’t like it but coconut oil is known for it’s weight loss powers.
- Hair Moisturizer – I like to cover my hair with it and leave it in for a few hours and then wash and rinse. I feel like it restores my hair!
So, there it is! My most favorite health secret! Please follow along as I embark on 365 days of being amazing!
Harvesting Oddity does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on this website. Reliance on any information appearing on this website is solely at your own risk.
Disclaimer: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.