I’m sure you have found yourself asking “How do they do it?” How is it that one writer or blogger gets so many followers. And I am sure you have all seen those Pinterest boards head lining “How I got 40,000 followers in the first year.” It’s catchy and maybe it has worked well for some but I don’t think they got there from posting alone. Were all striving for something greater than ourselves. We work better as a community of people who aspire to live the best life possible. You can’t do it on your own. Your audience is what makes the difference between a successful person and a not so successful person.
So how do I build my following in business? I have been a business women for some years now and it has taught me a lot. Literally anyone can go out and start a business. It really is a simple task. When I began my adventure into the world of entrepreneurship I became free. I’m still learning and growing everyday. I don’t think we should ever stop learning or searching for what it is that we aspire to do. I build my following in business by connecting with community. This doesn’t happen over night! You have to take care of this adventure and water it daily like a baby plant that your waiting so eagerly for it to grow into something bigger and more beautiful.
Five Ways To Connect With Your Community:
- WordPress. Unbelievably you are connecting with your community right now as you sit here and read my post! Blogging is a great way to not only market yourself but also to put yourself aside and take time to get to know other readers in the blogging world. I like to go to the search area under the Discover Tab and search for keywords that align with what interest me such as Travel, Inspiration, Motivation, Faith, and Family. I’m always searching for new friends and appreciate the stories that they take time to share with their community.
- Instagram is a wonderful way to not only share your beautiful photographs but also to connect with like minded people and it only takes a hot second to snap a phone photo and post to your followers. The cool thing about this is that it is a quick set up and a great way to see how others are doing without taking too much time out of your day. TIME IS PRECIOUS!
- Facebook groups are great because you are signing up to be in a social community with people of same interest and most of your friends are already on there. It is also pretty easy to set up a Facebook business profile. Remember when I said starting a business was easy? Sure you will have to put countless hours into it and investment. Everything takes time and hard work. I’m not a believer in overnight success happening to the most of us. Some of the most successful individuals had to work very hard before they got to where they are now. The just never gave up. ASPIRE to be great!
- Community College. Say what? Community College believe it or not is a great place to meet people like yourself. The greatest part about this is that older individuals can participate too! If you work in an office all day as I do you can take advantage of online classes. Most online classes are all about connecting with your classmates and sharing your views on various subjects. It really is a great way to learn and grow with community.
- Local. Last but not least, you can connect with your community by actually getting out there and connecting with the community! I love to meet new people. We can learn so much from others and their experiences. This may be why I have moved so many times in my life. Every new place is a new experience with fresh faces and beautiful memories!
So there you go! Get out there and connect with your community. Like, share and be a part of who they are. Take time to follow those who aspire you to be a better person!
Please follow along as I embark on 365 days of being AMAZING! Share, Follow, and Connect if you liked my post!
How do you connect with your community? Have you connected on a greater level with your readers? How? Please comment and share I would love to hear your stories!